If you are newly pregnant or trying to get pregnant, or your #1 concern is ending up with an unnecessary cesarean for your birth, this is the class for you!
The early weeks of pregnancy are exciting and nerve-wracking. There are lots of important decisions to be made early on that have an impact on your pregnancy and whether you’ll end up having an unnecessary cesarean for your birth.
Do you know what questions you should be asking? Do you know how to make those early decision? Do you know how to find personalized care that fits your health needs and desires for your birth? Are you even clear about what your needs are?
In this free teleclass you will learn about The First Five Things to Do When You Are Pregnant, and I’m pretty sure they are not what you expect!
This class is to help you understand how to get individualized maternity care for your pregnancy and birth. It helps you learn to navigate our complicated maternity care system, which can be overwhelming, especially for first-time expectant parents. It teaches you what you need to know to make the two most important decisions in your pregnancy that will affect your birth outcome – decisions that need to happen in the first few weeks of your maternity experience.
By participating in this class you will gain:
- Information you can use in your decision-making processes about your care provider and where to give birth
- Tools to use to assist your decision-making as you explore your options
- The feeling of empowerment to understand your values, needs, and desires backed by the knowledge that you can demand individualized care
- Confidence about how to make these big decisions about your pregnancy and birth
- Introduction to a support network of others who can help you along your journey to parenthood
As your teacher:
I have been involved in issues relating to maternity for almost a full generation (almost 20 years!) I use my knowledge as a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator, Past President of BirthNetwork National, an expert in consumer maternity care issues, and a mother and grandmother to teach you the information and tools you need now to navigate maternity with confidence!